My life changed dramatically and forever when I lost TJ.

I welcome you to follow along as I adjust to my "new normal".

It is not all puppies and ice cream but it is my life....real and honest.


Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 - A New Year

I am determined that this year will be a better year for me than the last two! I lost TJ in October of 2009 and then my Mom in July of 2010. Enough already!!

I am at a really different spot in my life right now. As I have said many times, going through what I did with TJ really changed me. It changed me deeply and forever. Often times over the past 2 years I have wanted a different life. This just isn't realistic and all that has happened to me has shaped me into the person I am today and dwelling on the bad stuff only will make it more difficult for me to live in the "now".

Having thoughts racing around in my head like: "If only", "what if", "I should have", "I wish I would have", "I could have" only serve to remove me from the present life I am living. By living in the past I am missing out on the "now" and projecting fear into my future. I resolve (although I don't generally make New Year's Resolutions) to stop this.

I believe in fate so I am sure all that has happened to me in the past happened for a reason (although, right now, for the life of me, I do not know that reason!). I also believe all that has happened and will happen has a useful meaning that I can learn from.

Yes, 2011 is going to be a better year than the past 2 as I will open my heart and mind to new people, new ideas, new thoughts and new freedoms.

Under the greatest adversity there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others ~ Dalai Lama

2 comments:

  1. I, too, have faith that 2011 will be a better year. It will be a year of healing and moving forward spiritually, for me at least. Again, I look forward to meeting you in a few weeks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly hope your 2011 makes up for the past couple of years by bringing lots of happiness. And new animals too ;-) There's never really too many, right?

    ReplyDelete

Please, let me know your thoughts