My life changed dramatically and forever when I lost TJ.

I welcome you to follow along as I adjust to my "new normal".

It is not all puppies and ice cream but it is my life....real and honest.


Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Labor Day Party

Because of the accident I have barely used my pool all summer.  It is just too uncomfortable for me to be on a raft or any of my pool furniture. So, before summer slipped away I decided I better have a pool party with a few friends.  I made a few calls and we decided on Sunday the 4th.  It turned out to be a beautiful day with a high of only 107.  We had been having a few weeks of very hot weather so 107 was a welcome change for us.
(CLICK ON PICTURES TO ENLARGE)

Tater Tot has become obsessed with the waterfall. If it isn't on when he goes outside he will stand on it and bark at me!

Since he really enjoys his time outside it is good that he has a place to cool off.

"The girls" hanging out and gossiping sharing recipes.

Dave chose to hang at the other end of the pool to get away from the girls I think.

 It was Annie's birthday so we celebrated with an Oreo ice cream cake.

Medical Update:  My physical therapy is now once a week and my doctor's office has taken it over.  I am hoping that this makes the healing process go faster.  My doctor prescribed for me some pain relieving cream made by a compounding pharmacy out of Alabama.  OMG! This stuff is absolutely amazing! While talking to my doctor about it yesterday he commented that it was the first time he had seen me smile since June. I realize the cream is not healing, it is simply a pain reliever, but to have greatly reduced pain for a few hours is huge to me right now.

3 comments:

  1. I used compounded cream once on a running injury - it made a HUGE difference. I can't take NSAIDS because they give me stomach ulcers, so I always opt for creams. So glad it's helping.

    Your party looks like fun and oreo ice cream cake sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so glad to hear from you. i am also so very relieved that things with your injury are better. i know it will take time. the photos of your lovely party are so nice to see. i think of you often, keep you in my prayers {hope that's okay}, and i wish you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. --Tator Tot. OMG, I love that name. How are you? xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please, let me know your thoughts