My life changed dramatically and forever when I lost TJ.

I welcome you to follow along as I adjust to my "new normal".

It is not all puppies and ice cream but it is my life....real and honest.


Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Does This Belong In The House Or In The Garage?

I haven't felt up to par all week so I decided to just take it easy tonight and repaint my nails. First thing I have to do is remove the old polish from my nails. I use acetone for this and this is how my journey through TJ memories began tonight.

Acetone (among other things) was a constant sharing between TJ and I. When he would run out of acetone in the garage he would come get mine out of the bathroom. Next time I needed it I would be in the garage looking for his!! The dremel tool was the other thing that he kept taking out in the garage. I use it to remove the last little bit of soaked off nails when I am getting a new set and lo and behold... every time I needed my darn dremel tool it would be missing and sure enough I would find it in the garage. Nail files too....Yes, nail files! He used them to sand in tight places on his car, I used them for the intended purpose. Often when I was making a run to the beauty supply store he would ask me to pick him up a few of the really coarse nail files. So, when I would run out I was always out in the garage borrowing nail files from him. I could go on and on about things that we used interchangeably between the garage and house but I am sure you get the idea.

Tonight though, I found the acetone in the garage, my dremel tool was in the bathroom and there was a brand new, never used nail file in the garage!! Made me smile just thinking of TJ and how he was always draggin stuff out into the garage only to have me dragging it back into the house to use.

We shared everything, our love for our friends, our love for our animals and our love for each other. I miss him.

2 comments:

  1. That's a nice memory to invade your thoughts while going about your routine. It's funny how the smiles, as well as the tears can just come from out of the blue.

    Glad you had a smile this time.

    Oh, and thank you for your amazing comment on my blog. That was so touching and it meant a lot to me when I read your words. thank you, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are enjoying some fun memories! I've discovered even when you get everything in its rightful place they can still disappear on you. Well, on me, anyway. I've spent ages today looking for a little wheat bag as I have a sore shoulder. I know where it SHOULD be - who moved it? Those fairies again, I guess!

    ReplyDelete

Please, let me know your thoughts