My life changed dramatically and forever when I lost TJ.

I welcome you to follow along as I adjust to my "new normal".

It is not all puppies and ice cream but it is my life....real and honest.


Thursday, August 20, 2009

Possible Trip To The ER

I so did not see this coming! It has been 2 weeks since TJ's last treatment and he is still very, very sore. As a matter of fact he is miserable! I couldn't take it anymore so I called the Cancer Center today to see if they had any ideas to help him. I went through the usual process of leaving a message for the nurse and waiting for a call back. Usually they call back very soon, but today I did not get a call back until this afternoon. When I did receive a call it was from Dr. Nabong (TJ's Oncologist) himself. I described to him what was going on and he did not sound happy at all. Not a good thing when your Oncologist sounds worried. He asked me if I thought I should take him to the Emergency Room and I said no, we continued our discussion and his final decision was that if TJ is not better tomorrow then I need to take him to the ER and have them call him immediately.
When I told TJ this he was not happy at all (Surprise, Surprise) and informed me that he did not think this required an ER visit. I agree with him whole heartedly!! I had told Nabong that it was like the Neulasta shot was still affecting him and he told me that it might be. If that is the case then we just need to ride it out and there really is no reason to go to the hospital in my opinion and TJ agrees. Meanwhile we are going to be diligent about him taking his hydrocodone every 4 hours for the next 24 hours and see if that helps. If it does not then I will leave work a couple of hours early tomorrow and take him to the ER.
I think some of his problem is that he is not eating well because nothing tastes good to him. This afternoon after I talked to TJ about what Nabong said I received a text from him asking for biscuits and gravy for dinner. He has always loved my sausage gravy! So, I stopped at the store on my way home from work and got the fixins to make it for him. What do ya know! He ate really well and seems to be feeling just a tad bit better. I jokingly told him it was the fear of having to go to the hospital that is making him feel better. We will see tomorrow and I will let you all know.
Battle On TJ, Battle On

2 comments:

  1. Well, I hope he doesn't have to go to the hospital. Sometimes good food can alter the mind set. I know biscuits and gravy is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE foods to eat. It may not be the healthiest thing to eat, but it sure is good for the soul. I'll say a little prayer for him right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steady on, Sandy! My thoughts are with you both. And you've got me thinking of biscuits & gravy now.

    ReplyDelete

Please, let me know your thoughts