My life changed dramatically and forever when I lost TJ.

I welcome you to follow along as I adjust to my "new normal".

It is not all puppies and ice cream but it is my life....real and honest.


Sunday, August 9, 2009

So Far So Good

TJ is taking a nap during the race rain delay so I thought I would take the time to do a short post. Well, after all the worrying I did about his nausea he woke up fine on Saturday morning and even had a nice big breakfast. He is still very tired but that of course is to be expected because of the Neulasta shot he got last Thursday.


Today is his birthday so I fixed him his favorite for breakfast - Biscuits & Gravy. Fortunately he does not seem to have any metal mouth today so he was really able to enjoy it. For dinner I am fixing him Corned Beef & Cabbage. Now, I know that may not sound so wonderful to alot of you but TJ and I both love it and have it probably 4 to 5 times a year. I even got some Rye bread for sandwiches. Nothing better than a Corned Beef on Rye! Guess I know what I will be taking to work for lunch tomorrow.


Since we are planning on good news from his scan on August 26 (we won't get the results from the doctor though until September 2) I have been doing some research on supplements for him to take to try and keep this cancer at bay as well as talking to him about his diet. We have always been huge veggie eaters but also huge meat eaters (I include all meat in this beef, chicken, fish and pork). Probably about 50/50 in our diet and most of our veggies have always been the good ones, i.e. brussel sprouts, asparagus, broccoli, spinach are our favorites. I would like that to change to about 70/30 or even 80/20 and as we talk about it neither one of us see a problem with that. In the past it has basically been beef 1 to 2 times a week and the rest was pork or chicken. We eat very little fish as it is so hard to get good fish in Arizona (we are both so picky about our fish being super fresh and that is difficult in a land locked state). Guess I will have to do some research about where I can get some good fish in AZ. Before his diagnosis we had already cut out refined sugar and white flour so we of course will go back to that with no problem. Right now though with his metal mouth being touch and go we are not going to do anything as I figure as long as he is eating I don't care what it is. I guess the point is that even if his scans come back good one battle may be over but the war is still ongoing.


Battle On TJ, Battle On

1 comment:

  1. Well you can move here to Rainy Western Washington and get all the fresh fish you want. :).

    Serious though it sounds like things are going good. We are always thinking about both of you and know both of you being very strong you can beat this awful disease.

    Also we try not to eat refined sugar and even attemp having a total meatless meal twice a week. Mainly to save money cause as you know I am very cheap, and to help keep our weight in check a little.

    ReplyDelete

Please, let me know your thoughts