My life changed dramatically and forever when I lost TJ.

I welcome you to follow along as I adjust to my "new normal".

It is not all puppies and ice cream but it is my life....real and honest.


Monday, July 20, 2009

FANTASTIC NEWS !!!!!!!!

Ok, where to begin. For those of you that don't know I will do a bit of background. However unbelievable it may sound TJ's Mom was diagnosed with cancer about 2 weeks before he was. As a matter of fact, it was him having headaches that prompted the CT Scan that found the cancer and I kept telling him it was stress about his Mom. Unfortunately I was wrong. So, long story short, they have been battling cancer at the same time. Was difficult on all of us as I felt like we should be helping her more but we had our own battle to fight and I know she felt like she should be here for her son more but she was fighting her own battle too. Regardless, they talked on the phone alot, compared chemo side effects and gave each other lots of love and support. She has finished her treatments and had a scan last week. When she saw her oncologist today he told her that she is clean and does not need to see her for 3 months!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!! So now I am thinking "like mother, like son" and TJ will get the same thing when he is done with his treatments.
Also, TJ has been doing very well on the drug schedule we started last week. The only change we have made is we went from 3 hydrocodone a day to 2 a day. I don't really know what is working for him or if it is the combination of things but he feels pretty good. He wakes up feeling good and although he still naps in the afternoon he does seem to have more energy. Also, his metal mouth is not a bad this time so he is eating very well. So, once again I ask you, please cross fingers and toes that this drug schedule keeps working for him. I am glad that he feels like working on his car and I kinda like having a house husband to do chores too.
Some of my regular readers may have noticed my Friday picture post. I joined a blogger group that has a different theme for a photo every Friday and it is supposed to be from your town. There are people all over the world that participate in this so it is kinda fun to see the pictures. For those of you just looking for TJ updates can bypass the Friday post. TJ and I enjoy planning the picture for the following week.
Battle On TJ, Battle On

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, let me know your thoughts