My life changed dramatically and forever when I lost TJ.

I welcome you to follow along as I adjust to my "new normal".

It is not all puppies and ice cream but it is my life....real and honest.


Sunday, July 12, 2009

Rough Weekend


In the past, the weekend before TJ's next round of chemo has been pretty good. Not the case with this one. He had terrible back pain all weekend and spent most of his time on the couch or in bed. I hate that I can't seem to manage this symptom when I have so far successfully managed all the others. I am at my wits end with this back pain. Tomorrow morning he will be seeing Dr. Nabong, his oncologist, and although I will not be there I have started a list of questions and ideas to help manage this pain without keeping him so drugged that all he does is sleep. We will see what he has to say and hopefully he has some kind of an answer.
Today, TJ's mom was coming down from Payson and the 3 of us were going to go to lunch. We thought it was going to be a great day. But when TJ woke up this morning his back hurt so bad that he just did not feel like going. I understand, but I would have liked him to be able to spend that time with his Mother. Instead, she stopped by and we got to show her wedding pictures since she had not seen them yet. We had some printed out for her and I showed her the DVD montage that Kelly (our photographer from http://www.justmarriedphotos.com/ ) had put together. Of course she loved the photographs and even found an additional 2 that she really liked and I printed them out for her. The picture you see above is one of those. She liked it because almost the whole family was in it. We were only missing Webb (TJ's Dad) and Dennis (TJ's sister's husband)...wish you guys could have been here!
Brief personal note: Love ya Phylicia and if you want a print of the pictures she took of you and I let me know and I will print one for you and drop it in the mail. ;)
Tomorrow is chemo day and of course that means 4 nights of no sleep for me beginning tonight. It is that feeling of stress for what TJ is about to go through. It also means short days at work and that stress me out also. But, after this week we only have one more round to go.
I know it is tough for him right now, BUT...
Battle On TJ, Battle On

1 comment:

  1. It's all so difficult ... sometimes I think it is harder on the caregiver than the person getting the treatment.

    I hope the chemo goes well for TJ and you get some relief for yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Please, let me know your thoughts